Oloibiri Lecture Series and Energy Forum 2022
Thursday March 31, 2022 | 09:00 am - 03.00 pm
Venue: Auditorium, PTDF Tower, CBD Abuja FCT
Theme: Global Energy Transition: Implications on Future Investments in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry
In response to the pressing demand of transitioning to new forms of energy that are sustainable and environmentally friendly, nations of the world are researching and making significant strides in finding new sources of energy, including solar, wind, nuclear, geothermal and hydroelectric technologies. These energy sources are expected to gradually and eventually increase in mix compared to the fossil fuels by the middle of the century. The situation of energy transition for Nigeria from a hydrocarbon dependent economy to a comprehensive energy mix may require diversification of investments that would impact on further prospecting for oil and gas. What are the transitional possibilities for Nigeria to ensure a smooth economy?
- Energy Economics & Dynamics: SMART targets that ensure the oil and gas industry remains relevant and competitive in closing the energy demand gaps.
- Critical Assessment of the Regulatory Framework for Renewable Projects in Nigeria: A comprehensive and coherent regulatory framework is essential in guiding a country’s progress towards efficient utilization of its energy resources. Leveraging these existing regulatory frameworks will ensure the realization of a more sustainable industry.
- Reinventing the Energy Workforce: Converging energy marketplace trends and evolving employee expectations are prompting oil and gas (O&G) operators to reimagine the make-up and performance of their workforce while they navigate the energy transition.
- Financing Clean Energy Transitions in Emerging and Developing Economies: The challenge of mobilizing investment and finance to support clean energy transitions in the emerging and developing world is quite enormous hence the need to critically examine options for financing transitions in fuels and emissions-intensive sectors .
- Enabling a Sustainable Framework for Energy Transition: The framework is developed to encompass a range of social interventions needed to secure workers' rights and livelihoods when economies are shifting to sustainable production, primarily combating climate change, and protecting biodiversity.
For sponsorship, kindly download the pack HERE