SPE Nigeria Council Call for Nomination
NOMINATION IS OPENS FROM NOVEMBER 01 - 30, 2018
SPE Nigeria Council Vice Chair Nomination Committee is pleased to announce that SPE Nigeria Council is accepting nominations to its Council Leadership position - 2019/20 Council Vice Chairman.
In line with the Nigeria Council Operating Guidelines, please note that nominees must be SPE Nigeria sections member resident in Nigeria and shall fulfill the following criteria.
- An SPE member in good standing and registered in any Section in Nigeria
- A Section Director who has previously served as Section officer
- Must have participated in Section and Council activities for 2 years in the last 5 years
- Must have support from his/her company, as applicable
- Must have high industry profile and track record of commitment to SPE
A member (professional member only) shall only make one nomination for the advertised position. Please, nominate and help create a robust pool of nominees from which the nomination committee will make a selection.
Nominations for the open position will be accepted through 30 November 2018 and not later than 12.00 (GMT +1) midnight of same day.
- Issue Call: November 1, 2018
- Close Call: December 1, 2018
- Selection Process: December 1, 2018 – January 15, 2019
- Council/BOT Ratification: By January 2019 Meeting
- Announce: February 1, 2019
- Close process: February 15, 2019
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact SPE Secretariat, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +234.809.655.5168.
- Fill out the online nomination form and submit supporting documents for each of the positions: CV, resume, and letters of support.
- Position open to nomination:
- 2019/20 Council Vice Chairman
About SPE Nigeria Council
SPE Nigeria Council is governed by a 19-member Leadership Council composed of member representatives from the SPE sections within Nigeria. Each of the SPE's Section within the geographical boundary of Nigeria are represented by at least 3 members each (Section Chair, Immediate Past & Section Programs Chair or any other senior member of the section nominated by the section). These sections representatives, together with the Council Chairman, Council Chair-elect (Council Vice Chair), and immediate past Council Chair, constitute the SPE Nigeria Council Leadership. Each officer are elected to a three year term starting as Council Vice Chair, then As Council Chair, Finally as Immediate Past Chairman.
Note: Each member can only nominate ONE candidate per position. Multiple nominations for same position from same member will disqualify all nominations from that SPE member.