VACANCY – SECTION ADMINISTRATORS
Applications are hereby invited from competent Section Administrators to support high-ranking officials of our organization and manage day to day affairs of the SPE section. We are looking for (5) applicants who have good understanding of SPE/SPE events and can perform a variety of administrative tasks in the Sections office of Society of Petroleum Engineers
The SPE Nigeria also called Nigeria Council is an affiliate of SPE International (with more than 158,043 paid members in 143 countries with 203 Sections). The Nigerian affiliate comprises of 5 sections located in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Warri, Benin and Abuja and 37 student chapters with the Nigeria Council providing framework for the Nigerian Sections and Chapters to pursue annual programmes of common interest. The SPE Nigeria Council is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission as an Incorporated Trustee with registration number RC 1332.
Locations: Port Harcourt, Lagos, Abuja, Warri and Benin
- Organize and attend section events as assigned, these include but not limited to: board meetings, technical meetings, Catch Them Young (CTY), Ambassador Lecture Programs (ALP), membership drive, community development programs, student and Young Professionals (YP) programs, Annual General Meetings (AGM) etc.
- Ensure photo coverage of events, compilation of albums, writing short articles on section activities and uploading same onto all the section's social media platforms. Prepare, review with the Secretary and send correspondence to SPE members and external bodies.
- Setup and mange webinars, online conferences and workshops, MTL, Distinguished Lectures etc.
- Coordinate the itinerary of international lectures/speakers
- Office Administration:
- Ensure secretariat is well organized and records (digital/hard copies) well maintained.
- Ensure delivery of mails and other items to recipients as directed.
- Handle telephone and written inquiries regarding section's programs including events, website and general inquiries.
- Ensure updated and refreshed content for section website and social media accounts. Ensure all news feeds, and content are well maintained.
- Maintain a cloud storage of SPE section information
- Maintain security and confidentiality of section member records
- Reconcile monthly financial statements against budget
- Work on special projects as time allows for SPE International, SPE Nigeria Council and other sections, with approval from Section Chair or Secretary
- Maintain the inventory of hardware and computing infrastructure belonging to the section; ensure their usability during events. Report and ensure resolution of any issues prior to any event.
- Meetings: Board Meetings.
- Good pre-planning of meetings: Meetings should run smoothly and be timely.
- Develop meeting agendas for approval by
- Ensure early engagement with meetings action parties and support in documenting and collation of reports for easy of presentation.
- Take notes and minutes of board meetings. Circulate minutes within 2 days of the meeting. Ensure the minutes of prior meeting are read at the start of every meeting. Incorporate any updates as applicable.
- Extract and mange the delivery of action items from meetings.
- Setup and manage online meeting platform for meetings
- Custodian of Corporate Records:
- Keeps safe custody of important corporate records.
- Publications and Corporate communication:
- Supervises, directs, and reviews the design, editing, and production of external print and electronic publications
- Bachelor’s Degree in an accredited University (Previous knowledge or experience with SPE activities will be an added advantage)
- 3+ years working experience
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft Office (Certification will be added advantage)
- In depth knowledge of office management and basic accounting procedures as well as technical vocabulary of relevant industry
- Proven knowledge of IT communication tools such as Cisco WebEx, Zoom, Microsoft Team or Google Meet.
- Certification in administrative management function
- Familiarity with basic research methods and reporting techniques
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to handle stress and work extra hours if necessary
- Strategic vision with effective proactiveness
- 100 % accountability with apt decisiveness
Application Timeline & Method:
Application closes November 30, 2020.