Women in Leadership: Aspire, Invest, Achieve
(Designed to challenge females to aspire to any level of success in their careers or endeavors, identifying opportunities to invest in themselves utilizing their potentials and peculiar opportunities available to them to achieve their aspirations.)
Date/Time: Tuesday 01 Aug. 2017 | 1300 - 1630
Venue: Abora Suites, Eko Hotel & Suites
Highlights of Lead Presentations!
- Strategic Networking Within the Workplace: Building Your Own Coalition of Professional Allies.
Building a network of people who can help you, advocate for you, and promote you within the workplace is critical to your advancement and is as important as building your external networks. How do you care for this network in a strategic and thoughtful manner? Do we apply a framework into growing this network?
- How to Lead...When You're Not in Charge
Leadership has nothing to do with positional authority and everything to do with how well you influence outcomes and inspire others. This session shares action-oriented practices that allow you to lead and impact change even if you are not "in charge."
- Overcome the Imposter Syndrome: Become the Authentic Leader You Envision (Do you fear that you're a poser?
Do you question if you are worthy? Are you scared that you couldn't possibly be qualified to fill the shoes required in your position? Sadly it's a fear that strikes many of us – especially women. Self-doubt is crippling and presents one of the greatest barriers to becoming an authentic leader. This session will bring you up close with some of today's most prominent women to share invaluable leadership lessons for increasing your confidence and presence. Using their real-life experiences as they climbed the ladder, we will help you reach beyond your comfort zone and explore strategies to eliminate feelings of inadequacy and achieve authenticity.
Schedule of Event
- 13:00 Arrival of special guests / Exhibition ground tour
- 13:30 National Anthem (5mins)
- 13:35 Introduction of Dignitaries (10mins)
- 13:45 Welcome Remarks (10mins)
- 13:55 SPEI President's remark (5mins)
- 14:00 Sponsor's Remarks (5 mins)
- 14:05 KEYNOTE ADDRESS: Women in Leadership: Aspire, Invest, Achieve (20mins)– Engr. (Mrs.) Nnoli Akpedeye FNSE,FNICE, PMP,FMP - Chief Executive Officer,Contego Servo Limited
- 14:25 Session 2: Strategic Networking Within the Workplace: Building Your Own Coalition of Professional Allies (10 mins)– Ms Efundoyin Akinyanju -West Africa Geo-Marketing Director, Baker Hughes a GE Company
- 14:35 "Women Development Program - The Journey so Far" (10mins)
- 14:45 Session 3: How to Lead...When You're Not in Charge (10 mins)– Mrs. Ibilola (Onadeko) Amao Ph.D, B.Sc, FEI, MNSE, MIoD, MCIPM - Principal
- Consultant, Lonadek Oil and Gas Consultants.
- 14:55 Panel Session: Overcome the Imposter Syndrome: Become the Authentic Leader
- You Envision (40 mins)
- 15:35 Questions and Comments: (15 mins)
- 15:50 Vote of Thanks (10mins)
- 16:00 AOB (Presentation of gifts, Photo sessions, etc.) (10mins)
- 16:10 Cocktail/Networking session (20 mins)
- 16:30 Departure
1. How do I reach the organizers for inquiries? Please email us at email@example.com
2. How much do I need to pay to attend? This is a FREE event
3. If I have registered for NAICE, do I need to register for this event separately? Yes click on the Register Now link
4. Does registration for this event give me access to other events at NAICE? No, you will need to register for those events.
5. What do I have to bring onsite to attend? Printed copy of registration confirmation email
6. What time does the seminar start/finish? The seminar starts at 13.00 and will finish by 16:30.
7. I am a man, can I attend this event? Yes the event is open to all genders
Click HERE to register for NAICE2017