1. EXECUTIVE SECRETARY & PLANNING MANAGER
Applications are hereby invited from competent Executive Secretary & Planning Manager to support high-ranking officials of our organization and manage day to day affairs of the departments and committees within our organization. Applicant is expected to organize and maintain the executive’s schedule and assist in performing a variety of administrative tasks in the Nigeria Council of the Society of Petroleum Engineers & SPE E&P LTD.
The SPE Nigeria also called Nigeria Council is an affiliate of SPE International (with more than 164,000 paid members in 143 countries with 198 Sections). The Nigerian affiliate comprises of 5 sections located in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Warri, Benin and Abuja and 33 student chapters with the Nigeria Council providing framework for the Nigerian Sections and Chapters to pursue annual programmes of common interest. The SPE Nigeria Council is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission as an Incorporated Trustee with registration number RC 1332.
Location: Port Harcourt
Develop annual plans (events, activities & schedules) for board’s consideration
Work with committees and board members to develop innovative and effective approaches to provide cost-effective delivery of programs and services.
2. Office Administration:
Provides appropriate direction and supervision of staff members who assist in the events support and delivery to ensure a high quality of programming and service delivery.
- Orients, motivates, and supervises secretariat staff to deliver friendly, helpful customer service and support to all other committees.
3. Meetings: Board Meetings.
- Maintain accurate and updated staff records.
- Review and ensure monthly payroll is accurate before it is sent for approval.
- Develop proposals and oversee on-going professional development of staff.
- Oversee review of staff performance regularly and report annually.
4.Custodian of Corporate Records:
- Good pre-planning of meetings: Meetings should run smoothly and be timely.
- Plan meeting details and ensure IT staff issues notices are issued not later than three weeks before meetings.
- Develop meeting agendas for approval.
- Ensure early engagement with meetings action parties and support in documenting and collation of reports for easy of presentation.
- Record and ensure accurate recording of meeting proceedings is circulated and available for next meeting. Oversees secretariat support for council meetings, and programs and provides information to IT officer for online (social and web) communication.
5. Publications and Corporate communication:
- Keeps safe custody of important corporate records.
- Supervises, directs, and reviews the design, editing, and production of external print and electronic publications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field(MBA will be an added advantage)
- 15+ years’ administrative experience
- Proven experience as Executive Secretary or similar administrative role
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft Office (Certification will be added advantage)
- In depth knowledge of office management and basic accounting procedures as well as technical vocabulary of relevant industry
- Proven knowledge of IT communication tools such as Cisco or WebEx.
- Certification in document control management
- Certification in administrative management function
- Familiarity with basic research methods and reporting techniques
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to handle stress and work extra hours if necessary
- Strategic vision with effective proactiveness
- 100 % accountability with apt decisiveness
- Senior general management traits to the best of knowledge & relative experience for handling any situation to save boss's & company's image.
- Ability to grow goodwill & business in the right direction
Application Timeline & Method:
Use the link below to upload your CV and all relevant documents.
Application closes 12 Noon on Friday May 11, 2018